New Help Page & More
August 11, 2022
Recognize redesigned from scratch the Help Page. Find it in the top Menu or in the footer when logged out.
- sFTP User Sync now supports avatars
- Auto send invites to new users that come from User Sync
- Android & iOS apps are now localized into the users’s language
- Fixed translation of local language in Work Anniversary emails
- Grid (TV Mode) now has a top banner with logo and team name
- New pricing page and marketing header
- Gifs images are now rendering in recognition emails
- Audit logging was implemented to track who changes what in company accounts
- Implemented automatic retrying of redemptions when there is an error
- Improved website performance
Recognize Android 4.0 Released
May 16, 2022
The Recognize Mobile App for Android is updated to match the iOS features that launched recently. This includes ability to send recognition to Teams, count down the number of badges left to send, and view recognitions by Teams. It is a big Teams and Send Recognition update. Try it out below.
Recognize iOS App Team Features & More
May 3, 2022
iOS app received an update with Android soon following. The update focuses on filtering between anniversary recognition and group recognition. Plus, employees can now recognize groups in the mobile app. Improvements were made to make it easier to select someone to Recognize from the mobile app. Lastly, remaining badge count works with the groups as well. All these features are coming out to Android. Additional mobile updates coming this Summer.
Company Value Badges
Added a library of badge graphics. Download over 100 graphics for free and get ideas on how to spread company culture at your company.
Recognize is now certified internationally for high quality and standards around information security.
Added Direct Report Manager to Engagement Report
Now in the Company Admin you can download a spreadsheet or view it in Recognize on which managers are active across time period in the Engagement report.
Now showing birthday and hire date information in Company Admin User table
Simplified comment notification emails
Updated the sFTP user sync guide
Updated FAQ Helpdesk articles
Nomination timezone issue resolved
Zendesk loading fixed
Fixed reward manager avatar issue on custom rewards
Updates to iOS app, Kiosk mode, and recognition form improvements
February 26, 2022
Check out the updated recognition send page where extra options are now on the right side.
iOS app updated to include badge count and other performance updates.
Kiosk page was made into two columns for better readability. Going to update for 3x grid soon.
Award certificate download is fixed.
Award certificate generated by recognition UI fixed.
Redemptions in User Profile now will show even if rewards is off.
French and Spanish languages updated.
ROI Calculator for Employee Recognition Launched
January 24, 2022
Try out our free robust return on investment calculator to read accurate cost/savings of an employee recognition & rewards program.
2022 New Year Update
January 4, 2022
Broadcast emails now support formatting, such as bold and line breaks.
Improved performance of web server due to additional traffic, create recognition page, and the company admin users page.
Improved badge-remaining API for a near-future update to the mobile app.
Prevent blank locales to be added in user spreadsheet upload.
Allow for 0 points on company fulfilled rewards.
Upgraded design of overall application via Bootstrap 5 upgrade.
Hall of Fame user experience improved for large winning sets.
New "Confetti" Feature on Sending First Recognition
October 21, 2021
Employees will now see celebratory confetti on their screen after sending their first Recognition!
Estimate what your company will spend on rewards with our new Rewards Budget Calculator!
Badge Delegates Now Available
September 28, 2021
For companies that want an executive assistant, or anyone else they choose, to send Recognitions on behalf of someone else. To find out more, see our how-to article here.
Gifs in Comments
Users now have the ability to add GIFs when commenting on Recognitions!
We’ve improved Admin’s access to reporting by adding a RES page that, in addition to monthly RES scores, includes quarterly and yearly RES charts with filters!
New Rewards SMS Notifications
Employees can now be notified of Pending, Approved, and Denied reward redemption requests by SMS if they have a phone number in Recognize, and the setting enabled in their user profile!
Bug Fix: Avatar Sync from Microsoft
Microsoft Connector is now live to automatically post recognitions to Microsoft Teams Channels
August 17, 2021
Recognize allows posting to Teams automatically. Choose specific groups in Recognize to have their recognitions automatically posted inside a specific MS Teams Channel.
Go to MS Teams Connector in a channel to find Recognize and configure.
Once set up, when recognition occurs it will be posted to the group in a few minutes.
Recognition Detail Page Improved & Redesigned
August 3, 2021
The page that people visit when receiving an email notification or when clicking on a Recognition has received its first major update in five years. The meta-information on consolidated, the conversation is made to be front and center, and more options have been included.
Click on a badge and it now takes you to a page showing you all the recognitions just for that badge. The recipients include their avatar and if it is to one person the name is larger.
Comments are now centered and right below the Recognition message to make starting a conversation more accessible.
If there are several recipients, the recipient box has a max height and will allow the user to scroll through. This way the recognition message isn’t lost below the recipients.
Teams are now listed on the side panel, along with other controls. They are clickable to visit the team page.
Sortable Badges, Award Certificate Generators, And a Lot More
June 16, 2021
Introducing the Recognize Award Certificate Generator! Easily create and save Award Certificates for service anniversaries, Employee of the Month programs, achievements, and more, absolutely free! To try it out, click here!
More exciting updates:
- Added Webhooks for custom third-party integration, such as a Company Merch Store, Axomo.com, and sharing to Slack or MS Teams Channels.
- Configurable timeout to logout users – users can be logged out automatically if they are inactive for a specified period of time.
- Deployed option to turn off reward manager approval on company-fulfilled rewards.
- Custom Badges section now supports arbitrary sorting – Companies can organize badges however they wish, such as using their acronym to spell out words at the top of the badge listing, or order by type.
- API documentation is now dark-themed and easier to navigate – Check it out here!
- Fixed copy & pasting from MS Word to Recognize message.
Frontline Worker Easy Logout Button
May 6, 2021
The frontline worker easy logout button is now available! The Recognize toolbar can feature a logout button for users to easily log out on shared terminals!
- Deployed new Settings navigation – Searching the settings section of your Admin Portal is now easier with our navigational highlights on the right-hand side of the Settings page
- Deployed new mobile app features – Mobile apps now show badge descriptions and a link to edit your profile within the website
- Launched Improved Language Support
- Fixed Logo images in emails
- Deployed fix to prevent duplicate recognitions from occurring
- Deployed fix for bulk recognition for anniversaries when the user has multiple accounts
- Implemented auto-linking of accounts for Workplace users
- Fixed bug with user status changes
- Launched fast stream teams and fast hall of fame
Advanced Theming Capabilities
February 23, 2021
Recognize has added advanced theming capabilities for Company Admins, that can be accessed in the Settings section of your Admin Portal. Features include:
- Company Admins can now manage their own logos
- More flexible theming options with dynamic updates
- Fixed issue with the ability to add multiple variants of the same value in the rewards catalog (useful for things that have sizes, like t-shirts)
- Allow adding a gift card without needing to deposit any money
- Fixed bug with signing up due to recaptcha
- Android app was updated with fixes to the rewards catalog
Disclaimers to Cash Equivalent Cards
January 21, 2021
Recognize has added a disclaimer to cash equivalent cards, informing users of the timeframe wherein they must be redeemed and spent. Users can now see this information before they choose these rewards!
- Fixed bug in Data Table Header of Company Admin Engagement Page
- Created a new way to handle points reset requests
- Made ‘Hall of Fame’ timezone aware
- Fixed bug in rewards to allow Company Admins to view redeemed company-fulfilled reward’s variant
Multiple Recipient Award Certificate
January 4, 2021
Before now, a recognition to multiple recipients could not generate an automatic award certificate. Thanks to a request from a new customer, we created a popup with a select list of the recognition recipients. An admin, manager, or employee can now generate awards for each employee.
- Redesigned recognition approval email
- Fixed notification bug with Workplace by Facebook
- Updated to new Workplace by Facebook install method
- Fixed custom locale bug in Microsoft Teams
- Fixed bug with logging in to Outlook app for new users
- Updated Top Employee Recognition Ideas article
Performance Improvement Launch
December 1, 2020
Recognize has increased the performance of the Stream page by now ‘lazy loading’ the comments. This allows the recognitions to now pop in immediately!
October 22, 2020
We are helping frontline staff who don’t have regular access to email get on to Recognize!
Frontline Staff are those who provide us an essential service or key public service, who interact with customers or work in factories. These terrific essential employees don’t always have access to a company email but deserve to be recognized for all of the hard work they do. In addition to logging on via Email, Single Sign-On, Yammer, Google, and Microsoft, we now offer the option to log in via telephone number for employees who are the frontline every day. Our frontline option provides a number of features to engage these employees, and send custom rewards to the backbone of your organization. Learn more here.
Trimester Nomination Campaigns and more
September 24, 2020
Trimester nomination campaign intervals now supported
Trimester nominations are for companies who wish to award titles on a trimester basis. To implement a Trimester nomination, first visit the “Custom Badges” section in the Admin Portal. Select the badge you wish to award each trimester. In the drop-down menu under “Badge Sending Limit“, select “Trimester” and click “Save” at the bottom of the screen.
Workplace now has chat commands for sending recognitions
Try “recognize”, “recognise”, “r”, or “send recognition”. This will provide you with a shortcut to the Recognition window and make it easy to recognize teammates.
Anniversary Recognitions can now be sent via bulk recognition
Anniversaries can now be sent anytime on command by the company admin.
Repaired mobile issues with Microsoft Teams integration
Microsoft Teams mobile is growing and so is Recognize support!
Import spreadsheet now includes department, country, and locale
Spreadsheet import and FTP import now support changing someone’s language.
Android now has reward redemptions
September 1, 2020
Android app got a big update.
- Performance improvements
- Privacy for sending option fixed
- Reward redemption for gift cards and company items
- New profile
Check out the mobile apps!
Send recognition from Workplace by Facebook Chat
August 31, 2020
Workplace by Facebook removed the menu to be able to send recognition! We quickly moved to add a few different commands to workplace chat.
To do that type:
10 Free Award Certificate Templates
August 16, 2020
To help managers and HR engage their top employees, we created a really nice set of new award certificate templates to customize and print or email.
Download the PDF at the bottom of the page.
August 14, 2020
Recognize has listed all the integrations into one place and added a number of tutorials. From Gmail to Trello, the content explains who to use Zapier to set up an integration. This list will keep growing. Let us know what you think!
User Profile gets new functionality and new look
July 28, 2020
The User Profile was long overdue for a refresh our team felt. We created a card-like experience focused on the user and their accomplishments.
The employee can now dive into their post history as well.
Check it out on desktop or mobile web.
By the way, it now matches the UI on our mobile app!
Filter type of recognitions on stream page
July 11, 2020
Now all employees can filter between peer-to-peer recognitions and anniversary recognitions. Anniversary recognitions include both service anniversary recognition and birthdays.